How do you leverage the foot traffic that comes to both your online and offline store during peak seasons? We created an integrated marketing campaign that spanned TV, radio in-store and online which was executed over a two month period driving millions of visits and lifting sales over competitors.
Produce an online campaign for multiple categories aligning with both in-store and on-air marketing efforts. Provide strong competitive support in key category areas of food and toys.
- Grow the avearge "basket" sale
- Sell items realted to Holiday decor
- Grow toy sales while increasing overall sales
My role in the 2007 campaign was to work with our media agency and multiple agency partners to concept and craft the strategy for alignment and schedule the cadance of messgaing to align with traditional media. I worked directly with our seven agency partners driving synergy between all efforts. The entire planning process was accomplished in six weeks; the execution resulted in over 22 sets of creative work.
Results: “Wal-Mart posted a 2 percent same-store sales increase for December, above its year-to-date average of 1.4 percent. The increase also marked the first time in decades the Bentonville behemoth outperformed its main rival Target during the holiday season”
1. Toyland website 2007. The site was produced as a support tool to a direct mail piece that was sent to millions of targeted households as part of an integrated marketing effort
2.Pre-Thanksgiving "Secret Items" efforts utilized mobile as a tactic. The effort worked in partnership with TV and radio messgaing to drive pre-Holiday foot traffic into the store
3. Banners targeted the mobile "brand aspirational" offering information on secret special